Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cafe Style Shutters

Do you like to go to coffee shops like I do? Well maybe so or not, but cafe style window shutters are some of the coolest shutters around I think. It has an odd appearance at first sometimes, but then you can understand what the owner of these types of shutters was going for when you give it a chance.

Basically the lower portion of the shutter sits on the window sham, and the top is wide open. Its almost as if you have just cut the shutter into two parts and left the bottom. For people that like a lot of sun, or just don't want to completely block all the rays but still want privacy, this is a nice touch.

You might be thinking, I dont want my window shutters to only cover a portion of my window opening, I want it to cover it all. Well you can get small drapes to add to the top portion which is also very nice and gives a unique look if you can find a good match. usually you will want to get cafe style window shutters in a cream color or white. Then you could get matching small drapery to cover the top.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this information. I'm looking to get shutters in Kitchener on my house and I am loving learning about all the different kinds of shutters. I'd definitely never heard of cafe style shutters before today. Thanks again for the information!

December 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Fabrik ETC said...

Well that's very Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Some things in here I have not thought about before.
Wallpapers

May 21, 2013 at 5:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The addition of motorization to blinds and shades is a great improvement in the development of convenient window treatments.Battery operated window coverings are perfect for areas where connection to power outlets is cumbersome.
Shutters Northern Ca

December 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home